Saturday, February 5, 2011

OMG this is happening

So I went to the final preop appt yesterday.  Good news is I've lost 10.2 pounds, although it seems so tiny I am glad to have lost some weight.  I also found out I am B12 and D deficient - ok, I thought, no biggie... until the nurse starts explaining to me how to give myself a SHOT. In the STOMACH!  I seriously cannot believe I actually did it. Its supposed to help me feel less tired, reduce cold hands and feet (Troy is excited about that), and maybe even get rid of heart palpitations!  I had no idea all these things were related.

I think I am going to get a pill organizer and a schedule - its hard to remember when and how many to take of everything.  B12 once per week, 3 multivitamins and 1000 mg calcuim 4 times per day, and 50,000 IU of D once per day - actually I guess thats not so bad.  The vitamins and preop perscriptions I picked up for my surgery was pertty overwhelming - there were 11.  Plus, the injection equipment.... scary.  That doesn't count the multi and calcium - I tried going to Vitiamin World, but the lady there was sort of a whack job and I ended up leaving.  I think I am going to stick with purchasing from VitaLady. Here is what I have so far:


Perscriptions, tylenol, vitamins OH MY!

Liquid diet started today. Yay. But that also means.... ONLY 10 DAYS UNTIL SURGERY!!!