Sunday, January 22, 2012

AWESOME PIZZA!!!

I just made one of the delicious things I have ever eaten!  Since I am low-carbing for my DS, I really don't get to eat pizza often. Plus the crust fills me up so much and I actually am not one of the ones who like to just eat the topping.  I have really been missing vegetables lately, so this was really satisfying.

Feel free to change to suit your carb/protein needs.

Ingrediants:
  • 2 flatbread Flat-out Multi-grain W/flax
  • 8 tbsp Tomato Paste 
  • 2 tbsp chopped Sun-dried Tomatoes In Herb Oil
  • 1/2 cup Frigo Whole Milk Ricotta
  • 1/2 medium Yellow Onion
  • 1 medium Zucchini (raw)
  • 1 medium raw Green-bell Pepper
  • 1/2 cup 3 Cheese Italian
  • 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shreded
  • 2 tbsp Olive Oil or butter
I think if you don't want to deal with the sundried tomatoes and tomato paste, use pizza sauce instead.


Prep vegetables:
  • Chop zucchini, onion, and green pepper into 1/4 inch pieces. 
  • Sweat onion in a pan with a little water for about 2 minutes. 
  • Add green pepper and zucchini then gently sitrfry unti they are soft.


Prep flatouts:
  • Cut Flatouts in half 
  • Spoon about 2 tablespoons tomato paste on each half of flatout


  • Sprinkle half tablespoon sun dried tomato on each
  • Evenly drop pieces of ricotta over each slice


Assembling - for all 4 halves, do the following:
  • Heat a pan with 1/2 tablesppon oil or butter on medium
  • Add flatbreat to the pan
  • Immediately add 1/4th heated vegetables


  • Sprinkle with cheeses


  • Cover with lid and heat until flatbreat is crispy and cheese melts
  • Eat!