Monday, March 7, 2011

3 weeks post op

Well, I meant to write sooner, but everytime I thought about it I just felt dread.  Too tired to write!  Anyway, doing much better.  The first week was HELL.  But, its gone much better since.

I realized today I have already lost 25% of my excess weight - thats incredible to me.  Since I started all of this on Dec 24th, 2010 I have lost 31 lbs.  I think I'm so heavy that most people won't notice, but I feel better and I am glad to see the scale move.  My clothes fit a LOT better which is nice - I was just about to go up a size before I started this.

I am very happy my lapband is gone! Its a whole new experience with the DS.  I'm sure not all days are going to be wonderful, and they haven't been perfect so far, but everyday without a lap band is better than the day before.

I'm still pretty tired most of the time.  Today is my first day back at work and I am already beat.  I'd like to go home and veg!  I am getting better with the vitamin and protein regime - its a lot to do each day, including the fluid consumption. 

Vitamins
  • 3 multi vitamin 4X daily
  • 1 multigen (iron and folic acid) 4 X daily
  • 50K IUs of D daily
  • 1000 MG of calcium citrate 3X daily (but I haven't been doing this one - kind find one I can stand)
  • B12 shot weekly
Protien
  • Mostly getting it from 1 to 2 shakes daily and food
  • Supposed to be doing 30 grams of protein shakes 5X daily, but they are so unnatural and gross.
Fluids
  • Supposed to do 80 oz daily, but I am probably getting in 64 oz
Most of these I don't feek bad or guilty about - I'm only 3 weeks out and I know it will get easier over time. I'm not excercising.  I think I have PTSD from all my past diet and excercise programs. The thought of the gym makes me shut down - I am not going to put myself through that. I would like to lose enough weight to get comfortable in my body, then become more active in my life through joyous activities.  Hiking, boating, maybe even ride a horse again. I would like to be a naturally fit person through my day to day life, not a gym membership.  We shall see....

All for now!