Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sometimes I hate facebook

I hate it because I am stuck with friends I don’t want.  I really wish I had different personas in each – for instance, I’d really like to talk about my surgery but I don’t want my co-workers to know. 

Having WLS a second time is a pretty humiliating thing.  I am really trying ( and I think succeeding ) in overcoming the stigma.  I know the pain of dieting day after day, week after week, month after month, and hardly have the scale move.  Just when I think I am doing my best, nothing happens.  It is really discouraging.  I love food, all food, and it is truly hard to constantly measure and monitor what I eat in addition to eating food I don’t really love.  I am always looking for good food that is naturally low in calories and fat because the substitutions are horrible ( like salad dressing, cheese, sweets ).  I am not fond of imitation flavors, but I can tolerate splenda in some amounts.  The other thing is my gut is killing me!  No carbs in my diet lead to stomach pain day after day.  Today, I decided to have a carb day once per week. We shall see what happens….